June Kanji Quiz

Home Forums KSP for Android June Kanji Quiz

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Kanjipad Kanjipad 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kanjipad
    Kanjipad
    Keymaster

Companion thread for the June Kanji Quiz.

[See the quiz at: June Kanji Quiz]

green
    green
    Participant

Got them all except the tree-umbrella-king… I would have had more luck with wood instead of tree. I don’t think of that kanji in terms of tree.

kat
    kat
    Participant

Not complaining, but I find it a bit odd to see ‘threaten’ with a moon in it. I always imagine that element as meat/flesh. The mnemonic suggested in the lesson also used meat/flesh, so why does the picture show ‘moon’?

Kanjipad
    Kanjipad
    Keymaster

I thought of using a meat image for ‘threaten’, but the problem of knowing which if the two primitive meanings belongs to the mnemonic is also there when you read a real kanji in the wild… So you might as well get used to seeing moon and mentally checking whether meat fits better.

You probably already know this, but within the app, you could rename the ‘moon’ element to ‘flesh’ for the kanji where you want to consider it as ‘flesh’, and that won’t disturb the other kanji where you have named those strokes a ‘moon’.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.